Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've Been Busy!

I'm not completely sure what goes into a BLOG so I guess I can use it for a place to put my thoughts since I'm not sure where else to put them! In any event, I've had some busy days of late.

My partner as explained in the last entry is awaiting an operation. So until we hear from the hospital and get a date for his repair, we wait. Luckily he can entertain himself and stay busy doing things that don't involve heavy lifting. So, he's settled for now until he has "the date".

I've been working on my VideoJug pages and have actually made a site of sorts. I'm hoping to review some of the books I've read in the past year or so. It's not meant to be one of those stuffy review sites, but a review by a regular person, which I like to think I am.

You can have a look at it by using this link:  http://pages.videojug.com/users/TheTicker

I've been making the graphics myself and that's been a lot of fun in itself. But since it's all new to me I'll see how it goes and try to make it work.

I've made an avatar too. It resembles what I think I almost look like, although I'm not that chubby. That was fun to put together. You really need a sense of humor to make an avatar of yourself.


I hope I don't look that cross, but maybe I do to some people.

Some of my time has been spent on Writing.com too. I get to meet other writers there and I do quite a few reviews of work done by many many different kinds of writers. The site really does have something for everyone. I also enjoy the chat room there. It can be a lot of fun.

I suppose I could mention the weather here too. It's fall of course, so the leaves are falling off the trees and the birds are looking for things to eat. Once you start feeding them, you really should continue doing it because they'll look for it regularly.
Some people think that if you feed them, they won't eat bugs anymore, but I think they'll eat both. It can be very amusing to watch them on a daily basis and it's amazing how many different varieties will show up in your own garden.

We got some bird books to help us identify them and mark the pages with sticky notes. As a result of course both books are floppy with sticky notes, but it shows how many you can identify. And, yes the squirrels do get at the seeds and chomp away and hide things. But, they have to eat too so I don't subscribe to keeping the squirrels out and away from the bird seeds. From what I've seen they all ignore one another.

Well I guess I better get some supper underway or we'll start losing weight around here. Stay well until next entry.

0 comments: