Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who Else Feels This Way?

There's not too many days go by when I don't wish I could defrag my biological hard drive. But, alas it's not apparently possible. Google has some pretty good help files for bloggers but when it comes to the HTML adjustments or refinements, they lose me entirely.

It's not like I don't have about fifty pounds of HTML books, printouts and magazines on how to manage or learn to write this code. I've even read a great deal of it, but for some reason unless you know someone who can actually sit at your shoulder and say, "Do this!" or, "add that.", it shall remain a mystery to my poor besotted brain.

You might wonder why I even want to learn this stuff. Well, look at the bottom of this blog. Go on, the very very bottom and see the big blank space around that Amazon Search gadget. It's not like someone can slap post-it notes in that white space, they can't! So, it remains like a large pimple on the end of a teenager's nose!

Nothing I can do about it unless I can figure out how to shrink that gadget space around the search thingie. You would think a person of my mature experience and various skills could work it out. But to date, I haven't so, on to other things.

I've been making sites and pages on Videojug and even that will sometimes leave me blank faced and staring at my screen wondering if it is as it should be. What I think staring at it will accomplish is again, beyond me.

Then there's Amazon. I buy a lot of stuff from them and have done for years. It's convenient and I usually find what I want. My computer often wants to do my thinking for me and will from time to time send me to Amazon.ca when I WANT Amazon.com. So, I have to smack it down every now and then to make it do what I want, and not what it thinks I want.

But with the monetization of blogs and sites, you have to join, get this: three Amazon affiliate sites. Now why in heavens name Amazon can't just have one, I'll never know. But yep... three of them! That means you have three ID's and have to recall three more passwords. At this rate I'll need notebooks up the ying yang to remember it all and keep it all in order.

And this is just a small part of today! I'm supposed to be retired and having the easy life where people call you, "Mam" and young muscled men carry your groceries to your car for you. That's not happened to me yet. Oddly I wonder if it ever will.

In any event, here it is Sunday and it's one of those damp-ish fall days where the trees are shedding the last of their leaves before the winter winds arrive and blow them off. Another week looms before me and I wonder when my Paul will hear from his surgeon so he can get his operation done and over with before he has a kiniption fit. I know once the phone rings with that date, he'll feel some relief but his anxiety level will also go through the roof at the same time. Having had several serious operations myself, I find it hard to settle his mind about the experience. It's something you really need to do on your own. this being his first operation in his entire life, it's not easy for me to set his mind to rest. Only he can do that.

Well I guess I'll pop over to Writing.com and see how my writer friends are getting along today. We have some good conversations over there about writing stories, concepts, and so on. Some of them have some incredible ideas for novels and are very capable writers.

Read a great line the other day by Enrique Jardiel Poncela. He said:
"When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing." 

It's still a pity I can't defrag my brain! It would help so much. Until next time.. stay well.

0 comments: